StraCon Services Group, LLC is seeking a Full-Time Senior System Engineer. The Senior System Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following requirements:
Essential Job Functions:
Applicant must be able to travel both CONUS and OCONUS (Hawaii, Japan, Spain, Bahrain).
- Prepare and Analyze technical documentation and prepare technical design approaches for training system(s). The technical design approach shall provide alternative design approaches that will include tradeoff analyses and identify technical risks.
- Conducting NAWCTSD System Engineering Technical Reviews (SETR).
- Apply decision analysis techniques to ensure that the engineering approach is cost effective and satisfies the training objectives. Upon determination of the proper engineering approach, prepare a technical description that includes a block diagram and math models. Determine the degree of fidelity of the simulation necessary to maximize the transfer of training.
- Conducting functional and physical configuration audits with established test procedures.
- Monitor the configuration management of the training system.
- Monitor and assess training system hardware and software development status and provide CSS in resolving related programmatic issues.
- Evaluate technical proposals and work statements submitted by commercial Contractors or in-house resources. Recommend the best technical approach submitted in response to the specification. Clarify engineering design ambiguities, highlighting areas of design deficiency, and resolving conflicts in the proposed engineering technical approach. Document the configuration, design, and performance characteristics of the proposed training system.
- Develop quantitative criteria and recommend tradeoffs regarding inputs received from supporting personnel concerning training system change(s). Provide Contractor support to planners for budgeting and planning purposes.
- Develop engineering specifications detailing: design, performance testing, and provisions for the acceptance of the engineering changes.
- US Navy surface ship navigation systems, related equipment, procedures, and training techniques/procedures (preferably for DDGs/LCSs/LHDs/LPDs).
- Entity, oceanic terrain, and hydrodynamic modeling and image generator display.
- Develop engineering Specifications and other documents IA W NA WCTSD Orlando's policies and procedures on Technical Procurement Package Preparation and Processing.
- Review training system Contractors design approach, criteria, and design reports.
- Continuously assess training system Contractor performance and recommend appropriate action when Contractor delinquencies of deficiencies occur.
- Recommend changes to the training systems contract based on revisions to military training characteristics, changes to perfo1mance characteristics, or for pre-planned product improvements.
- Identify problems being encountered in hardware and software development and provide recommendations as to how to resolve these problems.
- Review the training system Contractor's proposed test criteria and test procedures, and subsequently perform examinations and acceptance tests.
- Analyze potential requirements for modifications on training systems in the operational phase of the training system life cycle. This involves extensive research and coordination, including direct contact with fleet activities, Government laboratories, and device/system users.
- When required, propose technical solutions related to a project during training systems Contractor or in-house resource performance. Review waivers and deviations in material, processes, and selection, performance characteristics and testing parameter variances.
- Clear understanding and experience with Continuous/blended projection systems (domes, cylinders, half circles)
- At least ten (10) years of practical experience in systems engineering associated with modeling and simulation within the training and training systems domains.
- Desired- At least five (5) years of acquisition experience, with three (3) years in a DOD program directly supporting Training and/or Training Systems Acquisition.
- Broad knowledge of support engineering functions such as reliability, maintainability, EMI, logistics, program funding, statistics, facilities, cost estimating, risk analysis/assessment and human factors.
- Ability to work and coordinate with a variety of professional personnel associated with the assigned duties.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a wide range of non-engineering, non-scientific information in the form of federal Acquisition Regulations, Military Standards, Department of the Navy (DON)/DOD/NAVAIR policies, directives and instructions and ability to determine the applicability of these documents to assignments.
- Ability to conduct necessary business with NAVAIR Orlando TSD’s product user activities and sponsors.
- B.S. in Electronics, Computer, Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical, Industrial engineering or equivalent.
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance prior to employment.