StraCon Services Group, LLC is seeking a Full-Time Engineer. The Engineer is responsible for providing support to the Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to include but not limited to:
Desired experience includes:
- Evaluate technical directives for applicability to the program. Recommend, review, and evaluate program documentation for technical accuracy.
- Provide analysis and technical advice to the program office on matters relating to the program. Provide technical recommendations for strategies and technical solutions.
- Perform engineering planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting. Investigate engineering problems/failures. Conduct investigative system analysis of the impact of performance changes to the overall weapon systems relative to performance, cost, equipment, and facilities. Provide technical recommendations, including quality assurance.
- Perform evaluations of reported deficiencies, requirements implementation, proposed engineering changes, and cost and risk trade-offs. Make recommendations for resolution of problem areas identified.
- Provide systems engineering expertise in the development, coordination and scheduling of contractor systems engineering strategies in support of System Engineering Technical Reviews (SETR).
- Analyze and review planning information for Modeling and Simulation efforts and Validation/Verification initiatives.
- Conduct performance tracking, studies and provide reports pertaining to evaluation and analysis of system performance of deployed systems.
- Identify platform and kill-chain/network integration requirements.
- Provide program support in the planning, identification, and development of integration requirements.
- Identify and provide recommendations relative to interfaces.
- Provide systems engineering, aeronautical engineering, logistics engineering and technical analysis to include evaluating Program/Project ECPs and their impact, if any, to various Program/Projects being supported.
- Review operational needs, provide analysis of current capabilities and shortfalls of existing system, and investigate emerging technologies to identify concepts, system configurations and architectures to support decisions for transition of new technologies into the next stage development. Perform requirements analyses, impact studies, engineering approach analyses, risk identification and assessment, and provide recommendations regarding the specific system.
- Review/analyze system design to ensure supportability and achievement of operational readiness and provide technical support data. Provide analysis and review of current capabilities, shortfalls of existing systems, and technical documentation, as necessary.
- Gather operational data for the Resource Sponsor to support CONOPS and Capability Development Document initial draft development. As required, support the development of the program documentation, to include, but not limited to: Systems Engineering Plan, Program Protection Plan, T&E Strategy, System Safety Analysis, Support and Maintenance Plans, Concepts and Technologies Plans, Cost and Manpower Estimates, System Performance Specification, System Allocated Baseline, Life Cycle Support Plan, Technology Readiness Assessment, Preliminary Design Review (PDR) Report, Test Reports and Engineering Data Requirements Agreement Plans (EDRAPs).
- Support preparation of engineering changes to correct deficiencies in the product.
- Monitor and report on the prime/sub contractor's technical progress, cost, schedule, alternative and work around procedures, provide data based on the findings, and recommend options for improvement in production activities.
- Evaluate system integration, performance, supportability, and quality of installation aboard ships. Provide liaison between Government and industry personnel during shipboard installations and de-installations.
- Support the Government in evaluating and updating Technical Performance Measures (TPM), Key Performance Parameters (KPP), Critical Technical Parameters (CTP), and Key System Attributes (KSA) assessments.
- Support system requirements data base management and generation.
- Provide review and conduct technical analysis of technology refreshment and product improvements for systems, subsystems and support equipment systems that will significantly increase the performance envelope of an end item, or for any product improvement efforts that will require test and evaluation.
- Develop technical and management transition plans and budgets for migration of Science and Technology (S&T) projects to existing and future programs and products.
- Conduct industry research on new and emerging technologies, including Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) efforts that show potential for program applicability, and deliver briefs and white papers on the technologies as well as report results.
- Subject Matter Expert with NAVAIR Engineering Policies and Processes
- Expertise in management of NAVAIR SETR Process
- Subject Matter Expert in NAVAIR Risk Management Process
- Minimum 10 Years of engineering experience
- MA/MS Degree in a relevant technical discipline.
- Allowable Substitution: Bachelor’s Degree plus 4 years additional work experience may be substituted for a Master’s
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance prior to employment.