StraCon Services Group (StraCon) is seeking a Full-Time Controller. The Controller will be responsible for the overall accounting department operations to include AP, AR and Treasury. The Controller will report directly to the CFO and lead the accounting team to ensure all regulatory and tax compliance standards are met. Additionally, the Controller is responsible for producing timely and accurate financial information and reports for the Executive Team to aid in their decision-making process. Strong technical accounting skills and ability to quickly adapt, problem solve and deliver solutions are essential in supporting the rapid growth of StraCon. The Controller will also be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Ensure the timely and accurate maintenance of the financial books and records of the company in accordance with GAAP. Responsible for maintaining accounting procedures and internal control efforts.
- Lead the monthly close process with an adherence to a close calendar. Identify any areas of concern in financials for investigation & resolve issues with Finance and Accounting team.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting package to senior management and the Board including key insights and drivers of variance to budget.
- Provide leadership to Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable team members with a focus on improving and optimizing the department's systems, processes, and reporting.
- Responsible for Treasury operations, monthly debt reporting and borrowing base preparation.
- Lead continued process improvements including automation and optimization of the finance and accounting systems.
- Ensure appropriate metrics are in place to manage business risks and improve decision making; ensure strong accounting and operational control environment.
- Implement new processes as the Company continues its rapid growth trajectory.
- Oversee the internal audit and external audit processes, including quarterly reviews and the year-end audit. Coordinate and ensure compliance with the external auditors.
- Oversight of tax preparation and domestic filings, and adherence to sales and use tax rules.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint ERP system is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with Advanced skills in Excel.
- Must have at least 5 years of government contracting experience.
- Knowledge of FAR/DFARS is required.
- Must have experience with generating Incurred Cost Proposals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to produce Executive Summary Reports.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Masters Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting with 10 years of experience
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with CPA and 10 years of experience
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- U.S. Citizenship required.