StraCon Services Group, LLC is seeking a Full Time Engineer, Journeyman
to perform engineering duties in designing, constructing, and testing in support of Navy training devices. The Engineer may conduct basic and applied research to evaluate adaptability of materials and equipment to training device design and manufacture. The Engineer may recommend improvements in testing equipment and techniques.
Essential Job Duties:
Prepare and Analyze technical documentation and prepare technical design approaches for training system(s). The technical design approach shall provide alternative design approaches that will include tradeoff analyses and identify technical risks.
- Participate in NAWCTSD System Engineering Technical Reviews (SETR).
- Must have strong technical writing skills both in terms of generating engineering documents and reviewing/commenting on engineering documents submitted by contractors. Need someone who values attention to detail and well written documentation.
- Must understand the DoD System Engineering Process and have experience working within the systems engineering framework and communicating using systems engineering language. They also need the mental flexibility to adapt to some unique tailored systems engineering processes.
- Must be experienced working with contracts, contractual technical requirements, and conflict resolution related to contractual requirements.
- Ability to multi-task and complete all assigned engineering tasks to a self-imposed high quality without supervision.
- Monitor the configuration management of the training system.
- Monitor and assess training system hardware and software development
- Evaluate technical proposals and work statements submitted by commercial Contractors or in-house resources. Recommend the best technical approach submitted in response to the specification. Clarify engineering design ambiguities, highlighting areas of design deficiency, and resolving conflicts in the proposed engineering technical approach. Document the configuration, design, and performance characteristics of the proposed training system.
- Develop quantitative criteria and recommend tradeoffs regarding inputs received from supporting personnel concerning training system change(s). Provide Contractor support to planners for budgeting and planning purposes.
- Develop engineering specifications detailing: design, performance testing, and provisions for the acceptance of the engineering changes.
- US Navy surface ship navigation systems, related equipment, procedures, and training techniques/procedures (preferably for DDGs/LCSs/LHDs/LPDs).
• Candidate must have approximately 3 or more years of experience with hardware and software design and integration. Experience should also include experience with Defense Department acquisition policy and SETR procedures or like experience. Possess the ability to coordinate and integrate the work activities of several different engineering disciplines for more than one project at any one time. Possess the ability to communicate with others effectively both orally and in writing in working out solutions to problems or questions relating to the Acquisition program.
• B.S. in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, visual engineering, aeronautical engineering, aerospace engineering, or mechanical engineering.
• U.S. Citizenship required
• Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance prior to employment.
StraCon is dedicated to supporting our government clients and warfighters by “Enhancing their Operational Capability”. With a proven track record, and an employee focused philosophy, we have developed a culture that believes in the talent of the individual. StraCon employees are empowered to “Make It Happen”. Since 2008, we have provided Program Management, Training Systems Products, Financial Management, Instructional System Design, Data Management, Courseware Development, Engineering, Logistics, Foreign Military Sales Support, and a variety other technical services for the Department of Defense.
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity Employer