StraCon Services Group is seeking a full-time Senior, Visual Systems Engineer to support our NAWCTSD program in Orlando, FL.
Essential Job Duties:
Perform visualization engineering duties in designing, constructing, and testing in support of Navy training devices. May conduct basic and applied research to evaluate adaptability of materials and equipment to training device design and manufacture. May recommend improvements in testing equipment and techniques.
Candidate must have approximately 10 or more years of experience with hardware and software design and integration. Experience should also include:
Other Experience, Nice to have:
- Experience with Defense Department acquisition policy and SETR procedures or like experience.
- Test and Evaluation experience with the ability to coordinate and integrate the work activities for more than one project at any one time.
- Must be experienced working with seamless multi-projector display systems.
- Must be experienced working with simulated visual databases.
- Possess the ability to communicate with others effectively both orally and in writing in working out solutions to problems or questions relating to the Acquisition program.
- Must be experienced with Performance Specifications, SOW documentation, CDRL’s, and Source Selection.
- Familiarity with Trainer Test and Evaluation Master Plans (TTEMP) and Systems Engineering Plans (SEPS).
- Ability to provide cost effective visual training systems solutions based on schedules and budget.
- Ability to integrate existing systems command and control while deliver requirement specifications.
- Performing simulated visual database development tasks. i.e. Generate new visual databases and edit existing visual databases using common commercial tools, and test visual database from a developer’s perspective.
- Configuration management of visual databases across an enterprise of systems.
• B.S. in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, visual engineering, aeronautical engineering, aerospace engineering, or mechanical engineering Master’s Degree preferred.
• U.S. Citizenship required
• Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance prior to employment.
• Extensive traveling to customer sites for on-site calibration and testing of visual systems
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity Employer