StraCon Services Group, LLC is seeking a full-time Senior Research Psychologist to support the Defense Health Agency-Total Learning Architecture (DHA_TLA). The Research Psychologist will conduct research on human cognition and performance as a means to modernize the delivery of education and training.
Essential Job Duties:
• This includes leading the planning, development, and execution of systematic research in the
areas of education, training, data management, and infrastructure.
• Extensive experience in strategically leading a team of researchers, engineers, and other IPT
• Collects and analyzes training and education data for the purposes of infrastructure optimization.
• Requires knowledge of experimental design, research methods, and advanced data analyses.
• Requires knowledge of data, data structures, and data interoperability
• Requires the ability to effectively write technical manuscripts for those at the O5 level and above
• Experience preparing technical briefing PowerPoint slides for those at the O5 level and above
Leads the development of research proposals as well as reports of findings for professional
distribution (e.g., professional journal or conference publication).
• Ability to communicate verbally with clarity and correct grammar, and mechanics.
• Write, review, and revise manuscripts
• Synthesize documents from multiple sources to make evaluations and recommendations for
• Conduct interviews with stakeholders and determining user needs, which may result in use cases,
• None required
• A minimum of 10 years years of professional experience with human cognition and performance
• Demonstrated knowledge and interest in the application of psychological principles and theories
for the improvement of training, education, and human performance.
• Excellent writing and editing skills demonstrated in published articles, technical reports, and/or
journals that are reported to professional organizations on projects that have been valuable
contributions to psychological, human performance, and training technologies
• Must have the skills to develop technically sound plans and solutions to research problems and to
present analyses and recommendations in a clear and convincing manner
both orally and in writing.
• Must have a general background of experience and knowledge of naval training and warfare
systems, the range of man-equipment functions required and associated training requirements,
and also, possess the skill to posit the research questions which stem from the operational and
• Possess knowledge or at least familiarity of training systems, Federal Acquisition Regulations,
Military Standards, and DOD/DON/NAVAIR policies, directives, and instructions; must possess
knowledge in the application of these documents to assignments.
• PhD or Master’s Degree in Psychology.
• U.S. Citizenship required
• Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD
interim clearance prior to employment.