StraCon Services Group, LLC is seeking a Part-Time Engineering Technologist & Technician. The candidate shall support general computer efforts for NAWCTSD Orlando Research and Development (R&D) laboratories. The Engineering Technician will not have system administrator privileges or root access to computer systems. The Engineering Technician will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following requirements:
- Operate and maintain computer and network hardware and software.
- Install and configure computer hardware and software.
- Conduct research to gain knowledge needed to acquire hardware and software.
- Procure components and provide repairs as necessary to maintain network and computer
- Knowledge of current information technologies needed for collecting, analyzing, and reporting.
- Knowledge of non-peripheral computer hardware components and their functions.
- Understands and can interpret software written in at least one high level programming language.
- Hands-on use of Computer Hardware
- Understanding of Python and Linux
- Enrolled in an accredited educational institution and pursuing bachelor's degree or above in a technical field where there is an emphasis on computer technology.
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance prior to employment.